This is an agreement among the Students (“Interns”), and The Circumspect Ltd., a Nigerian LLC (“Company”). The purpose of this educational internship is for Intern to learn about Company’s business and to gain valuable insight and experience.
Company provides Intern with the suitable position within the organization. The Intern is expected to report to the department head – “Direct Supervisor” and/or possibly the overall head of the organization. Interns are to respect the structures within the organization.
The term of this internship begins on 09/01/2021 and ends on 09/28/2023.
- Conditions of this Agreement:
- The working week shall be 40 hours per week, averaged over the whole term of this internship.
- Intern’s pay rate varies and depends on the Employer’s capacity, less applicable taxes and standard deductions as required by law. Overtime pay will be consistent with applicable law and regulations, and must be approved in advance by Supervisor.
- The internship is related to an educational purpose and there is no guarantee or expectation that the activity will result in employment with Company.
- The education received by Intern from the internship is for the express benefit of Intern.
- Intern does not replace or displace any employee of Company.
- Intern will receive direct and close supervision by an appropriate supervisor.
- Company is not liable for injury sustained or health conditions that may arise for the intern during the course of the internship.
- The Intern specifically agrees to and acknowledges the following:
- Intern will maintain a regular internship schedule determined by Intern and Supervisor.
- Company may at any time in its sole discretion, terminate the internship without notice or cause.
- Intern will demonstrate honesty, punctuality, courtesy, cooperative attitude, proper health and grooming habits, appropriate dress and a willingness to learn.
- Intern will obey the policies, rules and regulations of Company site and comply with Company’s business practices and procedures. Intern must agree to the provisions in the attached non-disclosure agreement, and indicate this with your signature on the attached document.
- Intern will furnish Supervisor with all necessary information pertaining to his/her internship, including related assignments and reports.
- Under no circumstances will Intern leave the internship without first conferring with Supervisor.
- Transportation to and from the internship site is the responsibility of Intern.
- Intern assumes all of the risks of participating in the internship program. In consideration of the opportunity afforded to Intern to participate in the internship program, Intern hereby agrees that he/she, his/her assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against Company or any of its affiliated organizations, or either of their officers or directors collectively or individually, or any of its employees, for the injury of death to Intern or damage to his/her property, however caused, arising from his/her participation in the internship program. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing. Intern hereby waives and releases any rights, actions, or causes or action resulting from personal injury or death to him/her, or damage to his/her property, sustained in connection with his/her participation in the internship program.
I understand that this learning experience is not employment and that Intern is not entitled to wages or a promise of employment at the completion of the structured learning experience.